Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh....So Yummy!

I usually love to bake when I get the chance but that doesn't happen very often and though today is a particularly hot day(+29)I thought I'd bake something.However when fishing around in my fridge and cupboards I realized that this momma has to go shopping.To make a sad story short I found some apples that have been kicking around in my fridge for about 2 weeks now and so I went online to find any recipe with as few ingredients as possible that would include apples.The recipe below is what I found and I absolutely loved it.If you have a sweet tooth you won't want to pass this up.However if you don't I would try a less sugary dessert.Enjoy!

Apple Raspberry Crisp

3 cups sliced apples(I used 4 small and 1 large)
1 package of Raspberry jello(gelatin)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter(room temp)

Place sliced apples in a buttered 9" square baking dish.Sprinkle gelatine over apples.

In a small bowl combine butter/sugar and mix well.Slowly add in flour until mix is crumbly.Sprinkle mix over apples and bake at 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.Delicious Apple Raspberry Crumble!

You may substitute the raspberry gelatin for strawberry if you like.I just think the raspberry gives it a nice zingy taste and compliments the apple well.Please be careful when taking your first bite.It's very HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment